Cohesive

RCLine User

Beruf: Daimler Robot Tech

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 10. März 2017, 04:27

@Chx
In 2000 bringing the LRK to the hobby world probably was not as expensive as bringing a C core FSPM machine with Halbach will be. How will you do it? For vendors how can manufacturing, especially in small numbers, cost be reduced? Will the the additional Halbach array c core cost vs. the optimized c core be worth .5%? Do you really think it will happen that it comes to the hobby world or will it just be a thing reserved for that small group of individuals with the right tools and know how?

Still pretty amazing that a machine with more total loss was .5% more efficient. I'm curious did they just look at the power levels where the highest efficiency occurred for both machines.
IEEE member 93895120
My Gallery

AND NO I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM!

Freitag, 10. März 2017, 16:12

Hi Hubert,

as you see ,for the c core the airbus company has the hand on . So no modelbuilder company will pay extra for the patent lizenze.
So only selfbuilding is the way . I have parts to build some motors with powderiron material, but currently no interest to do , as other things are much moore interest for me . As efficancy is so much related to the way how to build a motor , i can not realy tell you what is the best motor design.
It show that the c core will have higher powerdensity and with efficancy i can play with sliced ,high grade plates or powerderiron . With high pressed coppercoil or plate coil design and the quest what kind of improfment do i want . Powerdensity ? Efficancy ? low or high rev ? Low or high voltage vis low or high current . Currently i have contact to the Frauenhofer Institute ,they do the cast aluminium coils and a spezial design for the stator.
For small production numbers ,Laser or high presure water cutting are good for production .And by all hightech design methode you allways need some prototype example to test and have a closer look befor production. There is no way to overcome this test motors and select all loss separate.

Happy Amps Christian

Cohesive

RCLine User

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 11. März 2017, 03:28

IEEE member 93895120
My Gallery

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cohesive« (11. März 2017, 04:30)

Montag, 13. März 2017, 10:07

Hi,
yes this are good papers . You can now tune some Tesla S with a modern motor .

Happy Amps Christian

Cohesive

RCLine User

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 14. März 2017, 00:23

You'd think drag racing would be on the edge of performance but oddly enough many electric drag cars here are using series wound dc motors.
»Cohesive« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Warp%2011.jpg
IEEE member 93895120
My Gallery

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cohesive« (14. März 2017, 00:34)

Cohesive

RCLine User

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 17. März 2017, 07:46

Has any one come across papers on the eastside from vaccumshmelz or the like on slotless motors using metglas or amorphous iron?

Tia,
Hubert
IEEE member 93895120
My Gallery

Freitag, 17. März 2017, 09:14

Hi,
yes, i have a paper from CSIRO ,Australia that show a hand held motor back from around 1996 ,same time Lehner start his slotless inrunner .
i can send you a pdf as here the size is very small.

Happy Amps Christian
»ChX« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • IMG_1883.JPG
  • IMG_1884.JPG
  • IMG_1885.JPG
  • IMG_1886.JPG
  • IMG_1887.JPG

Cohesive

RCLine User

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 17. März 2017, 09:29

I appreciate the link. In return here is an interesting pdf.

http://www.e-driveonline.com/conferences…am-Motors-1.pdf

Hubert
IEEE member 93895120
My Gallery

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cohesive« (17. März 2017, 09:50)

Cohesive

RCLine User

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 13. Juni 2017, 02:38

Hi ChX,

If you remember in the wick thread there was a proposed obstacle of how to measure minute differences in efficiencies of some of your suggested designs improvements like parallel slots, segmented magnets , Litz wire.... well It appears that nothing fancy is needed to do this. Gerling suggest Yokogawa power meters accurate enough to measure differences in motor efficiencies >97%. :)

http://tmi.yokogawa.com/files/content/Wi…application.pdf
  • WT1600_printe_front_slant_up_lg_2_1.jpg
IEEE member 93895120
My Gallery

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cohesive« (13. Juni 2017, 05:41)

Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2017, 07:06

Hi Hubert,

3 phase drive with 180 degree modus. Give the advantage of 33% higher torque with the same motor . And there is a way to do it sensorless .
I think you can read the full paper , maybee there is a pdf . http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5513205/ .

Happy Amps Christian

Cohesive

RCLine User

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 2. August 2017, 03:30

Hi Hubert,

3 phase drive with 180 degree modus. Give the advantage of 33% higher torque with the same motor . And there is a way to do it sensorless .
I think you can read the full paper , maybee there is a pdf . http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5513205/ .

Happy Amps Christian

Hi Christian ,

Will take a look at papers ASAP. Just back from 5 days at Universal Studios Florida yesterday. 3D simulators there are amazing. They affect the senses just like the real thing. Got to put it on your families bucket list of places here to go If you haven't already. Latest attraction added in may is Volcano Bay, a water theme park. Real nice :shine:

I needed the vacation badly.
IEEE member 93895120
My Gallery

Cohesive

RCLine User

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 2. August 2017, 03:56

IEEE member 93895120
My Gallery

Cohesive

RCLine User

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 4. August 2017, 22:45

Outside of the Ti Insta spin I found two other logic ic's that can eliminate the need of fancy firmware for 180* commutation. For 2 to 4s lipo a person might build a controller around the Toshiba TB9080and for high voltages above 12s they might try a Hitachi ECN3035/6. These particular chips do need hall sensors for operation.
IEEE member 93895120
My Gallery

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cohesive« (4. August 2017, 23:49)

Sonntag, 6. August 2017, 03:34

Hi Hugh,
thanks for finding the Hitachi chip. Will aske a friend to build up a controler .

It's one of the things i allways want to test.

Happy Amps Christian

Cohesive

RCLine User

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 8. August 2017, 22:19

I do wonder if it would actually deliver any more torque than a six phase BLDC or two 3 phase inverters with one ran on each half of a YY motor.

I do realize this particular paper is on 6 phase induction motors but there may be some useful ideas that can be drawn from it's conclusion considering the lack of need to inject 3rd harmonic current. Like you would need to with 180* commutation.

But then maybe this is the future combining a little of both ideas.
IEEE member 93895120
My Gallery

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cohesive« (8. August 2017, 22:29)

Donnerstag, 10. August 2017, 16:53

Hi Hubert,

thanks for sharing this papers . You are hundred times fast thinking forward then the old copperbender. This is very close to the record motor Hans Lehner build with twin controler that fires two offset coils each phase, result in higher torque density.With sensor controler it is also no problem for slotet motor designs .

Happy Amps Christian

Cohesive

RCLine User

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 10. August 2017, 22:59

Hi Hubert,

thanks for sharing this papers . You are hundred times fast thinking forward then the old copperbender. This is very close to the record motor Hans Lehner build with twin controler that fires two offset coils each phase, result in higher torque density.With sensor controler it is also no problem for slotet motor designs .

Happy Amps Christian

You are welcomed, and have no fear. Antiquity will always have it's special group of admirers, but that will never stop technologies true quest for bigger and better things. :prost:
IEEE member 93895120
My Gallery

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cohesive« (10. August 2017, 23:13)

Cohesive

RCLine User

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 4. November 2017, 01:37

Hello,

In a "classical" dual layer outrunner design why isn't a 15N14P chosen as a better torque performer over a 12N14P? My interpretation from reading many papers is that with a higher number of cogging steps (less torque ripple) and higher Kw (wind factor) it would be.
  • 15N14P FSCW motor.jpg
IEEE member 93895120
My Gallery

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cohesive« (4. November 2017, 01:47)

Samstag, 4. November 2017, 22:31

Hi Hugh,

yes ,you are right , with 15/14 nearly all statortoth are forcing the rotor at the same time. Wy does no one build it ? The reason ist that the magnetic force is walking around the stator bending the rotor bell in one direction. The 12/14 and 10 has the corosponding statortoth 180 degree set and the force is so equal on both side. It´s one leverarm vis two leverarm with halve force each side.

Happy Amps Christian