Cohesive

RCLine User

• »Cohesive« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: Daimler Robot Tech

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 12. Juli 2016, 16:26

Hi Phil, Helmut,

Have either of you had the time or inclination to look at any of the threads? If so what do you think? One thing I look at is the heads on the toys. They certainly aren't compact like the s-97's. I wonder what kind of mechanical marvels lies underneath those streamlined shrouds.

Hubert
IEEE member 93895120
My Gallery

AND NO I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM!

Samstag, 30. Juli 2016, 12:34

Hi !

Sry for stumbling in . . .

Just a few words . . .

Gyroscope effect at the tail rotor:
Effect of rotating mass - the gyroscopic effect - simply said is depending on mass, rotation speed (rpm) and geometry (mass spreading).
In other words:
The faster the object rotates the major is the effect.
The heavier the object is the major is the effect.
The more the mass is concentrated at the periphery the major is the effect.

Looking at the heli's tail rotor there is neither mass nor other circumstances that will cause serious problems. People who are interested in WW1 aircrafts do know, that their rotating engines (yes, crankshaft was mounted on the hull, the engine's body and the propeller had been fix connected) caused a lot of serois injuries. For instance the famous British Sopwith Camel caused during pilot's training more mortal accidents tha men had been killed in action. Due to the gyroscoe effect of the engine, which caused a hard pull (or push respectively) effect during a yaw maneuvre. These effects of course were known and the pilots had been advised how to react properly.

Maneuverability
Concerning the "big ones", and there are only a few, the reason to decide for a Koax under military aspects imho is (had been respectively) easier handling - therefore the fighter koax can be operated by a single pilot.
Fly AND fight . . .
No matter what we are talking about, aeroplanes, helicopters, at the moment we look at them under military aspects their only purpose is to be a stable weapon's platform under as many conditions as possible. There are (had been in service) not only fighters, I do know.
Imho that's all . . .
Concerning durability, maintenance effort etc. - I don't know.

Kind regards
Gerhard

Cohesive

RCLine User

• »Cohesive« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: Daimler Robot Tech

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 12. August 2016, 10:28

Thanks for your insight.
IEEE member 93895120
My Gallery

AND NO I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM!